Mahan Rykiel - Spotlight on Healthcare Design
Mahan Rykiel Associates was represented at two national conferences recently when Principal Lydia Kimball and Designer Justin Wilson took their expertise and passion for issues in healthcare design to venues across the country.
On October 7, Justin presented his graduate research to The American Horticultural Therapy Association Conference in Olympia, Washington. His topic, "Gardening and Depression among Individuals with Disabilities", summarized his study which was published in AHTA's Fall 2011 Journal. Justin also received the Charles Lewis Excellence in Research Award at the same conference.
Lydia's presentation, "Outpatient Therapy - Outside the Building", on November 4 at the Healthcare Design Conference in Phoenix, AZ featured the Therapy Garden at Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore, Maryland. Her session explored the design process, specific therapy tools and stories from nearly three years of clinical programming in this remarkable facility.
Also at the conference, Lydia, along with Bob Moore of Whiting-Turner Contracting Co., accepted a 2012 Healthcare Environment Award for the Mercy Medical Center Rooftop Garden project in Baltimore, Maryland. Contract Magazine co-sponsored the award program in association with The Center for Health Design, Healthcare Design 2012, and the Vendome Group.
Healthcare projects that are currently on the boards at Mahan Rykiel include:
• The Play Garden at The Children's Inn at NIH, Bethesda, MD
• Campus landscape plan for Shore Health Replacement Hospital, Easton, MD
• Medical Campus and Cancer Center Garden at Upper Chesapeake Medical Center, Belair and Havre de Grace, MD
• Roof Garden and streetscape at Children's Hospital of Richmond, Richmond, VA
Citybizlist Partner News
- Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf & Hendler, LLC - A Conversation with Paul Meecham, President & CEO of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP - Should Technology Reinvent the Classroom?
- Merritt Properties - Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors Signs Lease for Office Space at Merritt’s Timonium Center
- St. John Properties - Bill Holzman Promoted to VP, Retail Leasing for St. John Properties