MedStar Health to Build New $30M Facility in Harford County
MedStar Health plans to expand healthcare services in Harford Co. through the development of a comprehensive care plaza in Bel Air South.
The plaza, located at the intersection of Plum Tree Road and Route 924, will be a one-stop-shop healthcare destination for residents to see a physician, visit an urgent care center or take advantage of an array of specialized healthcare services, including women's health, orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine, weight-loss surgery, cancer care, rehabilitation and more.
The new $30 million, 100,000-square-foot facility will feature:
- High-quality healthcare services and access to numerous MedStar specialties
- Community meeting rooms, and health and wellness areas
- State-of-the-art medical equipment
- Integrated medical records connected to all MedStar physicians
- Convenient parking and free Wi-Fi
MedStar will go through the appropriate county approval and planning process during the next several weeks, including a public hearing. MedStar plans to begin construction by fall 2013 which is expected to take one year. If all approvals are received, the plaza is slated to open fall 2014.
Currently, MedStar has more than 40 MedStar-affiliated physicians practicing in Harford County – many of which will now practice at the plaza, in addition to 20 new physicians.
MedStar will be adding 70+ new jobs through the plaza. MedStar also has more than 2,000 associates who live in the county and is the sports medicine provider for many of the local area high school and college sports programs.
The health system, which serves one in every five Maryland residents, has several academic affiliations and residency programs and has achieved Magnet status in nursing at two of its hospitals.
Citybizlist Partner News
- Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf & Hendler, LLC - A Conversation with Paul Meecham, President & CEO of the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP - Should Technology Reinvent the Classroom?
- Merritt Properties - Greater Baltimore Board of Realtors Signs Lease for Office Space at Merritt’s Timonium Center
- St. John Properties - Bill Holzman Promoted to VP, Retail Leasing for St. John Properties