MAVA Presents Investor Insights for 2013 at Annual Crystal Ball Breakfasts
Prominent Investors and Capital Providers Share Forecast on 2013 Hottest Sectors and Trends
The Mid-Atlantic Venture Association (MAVA), representing the full spectrum of private capital investors, company-builders and entrepreneurs, brings its annual Crystal Ball Breakfast programming to Baltimore and Tysons Corner to share industry knowledge from leaders in the investment community. The Crystal Ball Breakfast in Baltimore was held January 25 at the Four Seasons; the Tysons Corner event will be held on February 1 at the Tower Club. Together these two business programs will provide attendees with insights into nearly a dozen different industry sectors and latest trends.
Headlining the MAVA Crystal Ball Breakfast: Industry Insights for 2013 held in Baltimore:
· John Siegel, Partner, Columbia Capital
“Internet Infrastructure: A Decade After the Bubble”
· John Avirett, Principal, Greenspring Associates
“Global Innovation & the Venture Market in China”
· Bruce Robertson, Managing Director, H.I.G. BioVentures
“Healthcare Investing in a Post-Obamacare World”
· Tom Grossi, Partner, NEA
“Dynamics of the VC Industry”
· Jeff Bede, Director, ORIX Ventures
“Venture Debt: Compelling Capital or Equity’s Afterthought?”
Headlining the MAVA Crystal Ball Breakfast: Industry Insights for 2013 to be held Tysons Corner:
· Carter Griffin, General Partner, Updata Partners
“Cloud Computing: It's Still Early Innings”
· Mike Gaffney, Managing Director, EDG Partners
“Obamacare: Catalyst and Challenge for Healthcare Growth Companies”
· Sever Totia, Principal, Edison Ventures
“Mobility: A New Platform Shift Underway”
· Greg Shipley, VP of Technology, In-Q-Tel
· Jake Tarr, Managing Director, Kinetic Ventures
“Hardware is now Software, Software is now Cloud, and Cloud is now “the Experience””
The Crystal Ball Breakfasts feature a fast-paced format showcasing insiders’ perspectives on important industries in our market from subject matter experts who are actively investing. Sector snapshots will be followed by open Q&A discussion.
Events are open to the public. Pre-Registration is required. To register, go to www.mava.org. The February 1 Tysons Corner Breakfast will be held at the Tower Club, 8000 Towers Crescent Drive, 17th Floor.
About the Mid-Atlantic Venture Association
The Mid-Atlantic Venture Association (MAVA) represents the complete spectrum of private capital investing in high growth enterprises and the company builders and entrepreneurs doing business in the Mid-Atlantic and beyond. For more than 25 years, MAVA has served the full community of innovators, companies, private capital, suppliers and key advisors needed to build successful businesses from start up to exit. From venture to private equity, angel to growth equity and family office to corporate strategic, MAVA brings together the full spectrum of capital and key resources necessary to accelerate the growth of companies across industry sectors and stage of development. MAVA provides a wide range of programming, designed to stimulate revenue and company growth, facilitate quality deal flow, encourage collaboration and foster relationships among entrepreneurs, investors, strategic partners and customers. To learn more about MAVA and the extensive services the association provides, go to www.mava.org.
Citybizlist Partner News
- Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf & Hendler, LLC - A Conversation with Pam Anthony, President, Restore Rehabilitation - Part I
- Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP - Eighteen Lawyers Honored by Maryland Super Lawyers in 2014
- St. John Properties - St. John Properties Selects Charm City Concierge
- MacKenzie - MacKenzie Closes 7521 Pulaski Highway Industrial Sale