Baltimore! It’s Time to “Baycation,” OLD BAY Style
Baltimoreans are invited to celebrate summer with OLD BAY – where every day can be a “Baycation”
Baltimore summers are all about spending time with friends and family, enjoying great food, kicking back a little and having a good time. Here at OLD BAY, the iconic seasoning of summer, we call it “Baycation” season. What is a Baycation exactly? It’s that little vacation feeling you get every time you open a can of OLD BAY. It can be a Thursday night cookout with friends, a weeklong trip to Ocean City, or anything in between. To encourage Baltimoreans to take a Baycation, OLD BAY has introduced a campaign to help spread the word. The Baycation campaign includes:
· Baycation Billboards and Radio Spots – From Dundalk to Owings Mills, Catonsville to White Marsh, Federal Hill to Hunt Valley, OLD BAY billboards will encourage folks to take a Baycation. It can be as simple as grabbing a can of OLD BAY, steaming some shrimp and enjoying your own backyard. And, you may even spot your friends in the neighborhood-centric billboards. In new radio spots, Baltimoreans will once again hear from Highlandtown’s own Marianne Handlir, a stay-at-home mom who was named the voice of OLD BAY radio following the 2012 Voice of Baltimore search. People may remember her from OLD BAY’s Baltimore-centric Baytriotism campaign last summer.
· Blanketing the Beach! – OLD BAY is declaring Ocean City, Md., the Baycation capital of the world. While cruising down Coastal Highway, beachgoers will receive the Baycation message on buses. While lounging on the beach, sun and water worshipers will see OLD BAY in the sky and on the sea. And, because no Ocean City experience is complete without tasting and enjoying OLD BAY, restaurants that use the seasoning will be demonstrating OLD BAY pride with special stickers declaring the establishment a certified Baycation spot. A list of certified restaurants will be posted on the OLD BAY Facebook page, www.facebook.com/oldbay.
· A Chance to Win Baycation Prizes – Like OLD BAY on Facebook for regular opportunities to win OLD BAY swag, t-shirts, souvenirs and even bigger prizes including a Baycation crab feast right in your backyard. The Facebook page will also feature an opportunity for OLD BAY fans to create a unique Baycation cover photo and customize their Baycation location.
· Baycation Instagram Photo Album – Instagram photos with the hashtag #oldbay will be added to a Baycation photo gallery within the Facebook application. Users can share images and scroll through the gallery to see how others are enjoying their Baycation experience.
“It’s time to let the Baycation begin, Baltimore!”, said Jill Pratt, from OLD BAY. “This campaign is about reminding folks that any given day of the week can be turned into a vacation experience simply by opening a can of OLD BAY and taking in the summer. So gather your loved ones, fire up the grill, steam some crabs, turn up the music and join OLD BAY as we all Baycation this summer.”
About OLD BAY
For more than 70 years, this distinctive blend of 18 herbs and spices has been a time-honored taste. Just as the recipe hasn’t changed, neither has the iconic yellow and blue can. Once only enjoyed by a lucky few along the Chesapeake Bay, OLD BAY® Seasoning has gained fans all across the country. Best known as THE seasoning for shrimp, salmon, crab and other seafood dishes, these days, OLD BAY is used to flavor hamburgers, chicken, pizza, pasta, vegetable dishes and more. OLD BAY Seasoning is also available with 30% less sodium and has been the inspiration for 14 additional offerings. For information, recipes and the OLD BAY online store, visit www.oldbay.com and www.facebook.com/oldbay.
Citybizlist Partner News
- Adelberg, Rudow, Dorf & Hendler, LLC - A Conversation with Sonia Socha, Executive Director, SBLC - Part I
- Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, LLP - Dave Troy Got It Right On The GBTC
- St. John Properties - 2013 Recap: Leases More Than 1.2M Square Feet Of New Space
- MacKenzie - MacKenzie Closes 7521 Pulaski Highway Industrial Sale