Eight attorneys from Baltimore-based employment and labor law firm Shawe Rosenthal LLP have been selected to the 2018 Maryland Super Lawyers list.
Two other Shawe Rosenthal attorneys have been included on the 2018 Maryland Rising Stars list.
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The patented selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations.
Only five percent of lawyers in the state were selected to the Super Lawyers list.
Shawe Rosenthal attorneys included in the list of 2018 Maryland Super Lawyers were:
- Bruce S. Harrison, who handles complex class action litigation and defends employers in high-risk discrimination claims;
- Darryl G. McCallum, who concentrates on employment law matters, including the defense of race, sex, and other discrimination suits;
- J. Michael McGuire, who represents management before the NLRB, negotiating collective bargaining agreements and arbitrating labor and employment disputes;
- Fiona W. Ong,who defends employers in the areas of employment discrimination, torts and contracts, and provides advice and counsel to human resources;
- Co-Managing Partner Stephen D. Shawe, who represents clients in labor and employment matters with a concentration in the retail and manufacturing industries;
- Co-Managing Partner Gary L. Simpler, who is well-known for his experience working with employers in the healthcare and manufacturing sectors;
- Mark J. Swerdlin, who has extensive experience defending employers in discrimination claims and representing management in labor matters; and
- Elizabeth Torphy-Donzella, who defends employers in cases involving employment discrimination, harassment, contracts, and torts, and provides human resources counseling.
In addition, Shawe Rosenthal’s Parker Thoeni and Lindsay A. White were selected to the 2018 Maryland Rising Stars list. Both attorneys represent management in employment litigation in state and federal court, and handle matters before administrative agencies.
Super Lawyers Magazine features the list and profiles of selected attorneys and is distributed to attorneys in the state or region and ABA-accredited law school libraries. Super Lawyers is also published as a special section in leading city and regional magazines across the country. Lawyers are selected to a Super Lawyers list in all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Shawe Rosenthal LLP has a national reputation as management’s workplace lawyers. Celebrating its 70th anniversary this year, Shawe Rosenthal represents and advises management in employment and labor law matters. The firm’s clients range from Fortune 100 companies to smaller businesses and non-profits in a wide range of industries. Its practice includes both litigation and preventive measures. Shawe Rosenthal’s tenacious, results-oriented approach produces results in the courtroom, respect in agency proceedings, and sound, proactive guidance in workplace policy.