Maryland Governor Larry Hogan will deliver remarks at the CyberMaryland Conference during the opening session on Wednesday, October 11, at the BaltimoreConvention Center. Home to the federal government's major cybersecurity agencies – including the National Security Agency, U.S. Cyber Command, and CECOM – as well as a robust community of cyber companies, Maryland plays a critical role in the nation's cybersecurity. As Governor Hogan has led Maryland to develop a knowledge-driven economy, innovation and investment in Maryland'scybersecurity landscape have continued to grow.
"Maryland is home to the premiere cyber-related federal government agencies, as well as more than 1,200 private sector cybersecurity companies, and our world-class academic community is educating the next generation of cyber warriors," said Governor Larry Hogan. "Our administration is proud to support an event that showcases Maryland's unique assets and proves why our state is leading the next cyber generation."
In addition to Governor Hogan, this year's featured speakers and special guests include:
- George C. Barnes, deputy director and senior civilian leader, National Security Agency;
- Capt. Ed Devinney USN, director, corporate partnerships and technology outreach, U.S. Cyber Command;
- Brett Kelsey, Chief Technical Strategist for the Americas, McAfee;
- Ron Gula, founder, Gula Tech Adventures;
- Catherine Pugh, mayor, City of Baltimore;
- Chris Van Hollen, U.S. senator for Maryland; and
- Brett Williams, chief security officer, IronNet Cybersecurity.
Recognized as one of the region's premier collaborative platforms, the CyberMaryland Conference includes more than 25 sessions along eight tracks: Cyber Risks, Cyber Education, Cyber Threat Intelligence, Acquisitions and Business Development, Cyber Insider Threats, Hacker Adaptability, Cyber Workforce, and Cyber Innovation.
For information on CyberMaryland 2017, visit www.thecybermarylandconference.com or contact the Federal Business Council at 800-878-2940. Follow conference updates on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.