Global Science & Technology, Inc. (GST) (http://www.gst.com/), a leading innovator of scientific services and products for satellite and weather systems, has been selected by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) for a prime contractor award on the ProTech-Satellite Domain. The Satellite Domain is one of five domains within the Professional and Technical Support Services (ProTech) Program's suite of contracts, with a shared $3 billion ceiling value.
As a leading contractor with many years of experience supporting NOAA projects, GST is one of 23 contractors to receive a multiple award, Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (MA-IDIQ) ProTech-Satellite contract, a professional and technical services contract that will support NOAA Acquisition and Grants Office in collecting, preserving, and disseminating data related to operating observational satellites. These satellites are critical to NOAA's goal of forecasting weather, analyzing environmental and climate phenomena, and monitoring hazards worldwide.
GST President and CEO Chieh-san Cheng notes, "The entire GST team sees this win as a key element in solidifying GST's 16-year partnership with NOAA and looks forward to expanding our well-established history of science and systems support."
GST is an established global presence in science, engineering, and IT and has served government, industry, and academic clients through effective technology utilization and an intense customer focus since its start in 1991. GST's passion for innovation, tempered by years of real-world business experience, distinguishes itself as the technology solution provider of choice for government and industry alike. GST retains the highly desirable Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) status with a primary NAICS Code 541712 designation and is well-positioned to take advantage of new opportunities.
For this ProTech-Satellite award, GST has assembled a team of small, large, and emerging businesses that, together, has experience in almost 100% of the ProTech?Satellite statement of work. Team GST has a presence at all of NOAA's Satellite Domain locations, which includes, Fairbanks, Alaska; Suitland, Silver Spring, and Lanham, Maryland; Wallops Island, Virginia; Boulder Colorado; Asheville, North Carolina; and Townsville, Australia. This team includes:
- Adarga Systems - a minority-owned SB with long experience in satellite data archival and NOAA enterprise systems.
- Ball Aerospace - a large business with over 30 years of experience supporting NOAA with core competencies in satellite systems design and manufacturing, satellite communications, and sensor and remote sensing technologies.
- Emergent - a Small Business (SB) with experience in ground system integration for NOAA and NASA as well as recognized expertise in orbital mechanics; guidance, navigation, and control (GN&C); GPS; and mission design.
- ICF - a leading provider of cutting-edge service to the government as well as expertise that includes but is not limited to climate science, climate assessments, the use and usability of climate information to support decision making, and NOAA survey research.
- SMRC - an SDB with over 20 years supporting NOAA and experience in satellite ground system operations and in supporting NOAA STAR for satellite products.
- SSAI - a Woman-Owned Small Disadvantaged Business (WOSDB) with over 35 years supporting NOAA coupled with expertise in remote sensing, satellite data processing for climate and environmental research, and instrument development as well as experience in science data centers for atmospheric remote sensing systems.
- TACTYON - a Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB) and multi-discipline engineering company with strong expertise in space weather impacts and NESDIS contingency operations.
About GST: Global Science & Technology is a science-driven high technology and engineering firm with expertise in Earth and space sciences, meteorological applications, communications engineering, geospatial data services, and large data archive and management development and support. Our mission is to apply our leading scientific and technical expertise toward solving the challenges fundamental to advanced science- and technology-based enterprises for federal, state, and local governments; commercial companies; and international organizations. Our vision is to capitalize on our unique innovations and creative solutions to sustain our growth as a financially stable and responsible citizen. © 2017 GST, Inc. All rights reserved.