For the fourth consecutive year, CohnReznick, one of the top accounting, tax, and advisory firms in the U.S., was named to the Accounting MOVE Project’s Best Accounting Firms for Women List, announced by the Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance (AFWA) and AWSCPA.
The 12 firms named to the Best Accounting Firms for Women list demonstrate three key characteristics:
- Consistent, measurable progress in advancing women to leadership
- Proven and continually evolving programs that retain and advance women
- Clear and compelling integration of the business case for advancing women with business results
CohnReznick is recognized for consistent measurement of the status of women at each point in the Firm’s pipeline, which ensures that candidates for promotion and sponsorship aren’t overlooked. CohnReznick also invests in developing current partners as executive sponsors through coaching and training, so they can demonstrate top-notch sponsorship skills.
2017 Accounting MOVE Project Report
More women are getting further at the 12 accounting firms that comprise the Accounting MOVE Project’s 2017 Best Public Accounting Firms for Women list. Women comprise 28% of partners and principals at these firms, compared to 24% in aggregate for the 49 firms that participated in the 2017 benchmarking survey. The MOVE Project is the profession’s only annual benchmark of the status of women in the leadership pipeline.
“As a long-time sponsor of the MOVE Project, it is satisfying to see progress not only at our Firm when it comes to improving retention and partnership ranks but in other MOVE firms,” said Risa Lavine, CohnReznick Chief of Staff. “There’s much more progress to be seen, but we’re seeing the opportunities that arise when a Firm culture embrace the understanding that when women win, everyone wins.”
Top Trends from the 2017 Accounting MOVE Project:
- Transparent career paths enable women to anticipate work-life conflicts and proactively propose solutions.
- Firms whose leaders continually communicate with rising women make many small course adjustments to retain women in the partnership pipeline and to ensure that they are offered key growth opportunities.
- A few firms are breaking down firm-wide measurements for advancing women to practice areas and offices. That injects immediacy to the overarching initiative and equips office and practice leaders with context for creating fresh ways to retain and advance women.
CohnReznick is the Accounting MOVE Project National Sponsor.